So I finally got up the guts to tackle the apron.
It's been sitting around my studio unpainted for a couple months now. I waited weeks to decide how to do it, then it took me weeks for each step to get accomplished.
First, I did some research on painting fabric to find out what I would need, and how to do it. I didn't find a DIY tutorial but it turns out that there's a fabric medium I can add to my acrylics which makes them washable when painted onto material. I ordered the medium and since I had already taped the apron to a drawing board the plan was to paint the apron on an easel. I finally received the medium delivered to my doorstep. It took me about a week of dreaming about it to get the confidence to attempt painting it. After going over it many times while sleeping, I ended up just placing the drawing board with the affixed apron on the floor, and then just doing a simple flower.
Way too simple!